This week will focus on Genesis 12-15 and 24, Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebekah.
The point of this lesson, in my opinion, is to show the children that no matter where you go, God will be with you, especially if you feel frightened, alone, or hopeless. Abraham and Sarah showed their incredible faith in God again and again.
It is also important for them to know that God can do seemingly impossible things. Sarah had her first baby - Isaac, when she was about 90 years old.
I also want them to be able to relate themselves to Abraham and see how they fit in to the great eternal story of God's creation, as one of God's people, as is every person on earth.
THE GREAT FAMILY
1) We will get ready and shake hands and say good morning to each other
2) I will lead a very small discussion about what Thanksgiving is and why we have it.
3) We will all have a chance to mention something special that we would like to give thanks for.
4) We will say a Thanksgiving prayer, trying to include one thing that each child is grateful for.
5) Bob will give this week's Hebrew lesson, focusing mainly on the letter 'H'.
6) I will lead a small discussion "Where is God?"
7) I will get the material for the story and tell the story.
8) We will have a wondering time after the story is told.
9) We will have a feast if we have time for it.
10) We will clean up and be escorted back to the church in time for communion.